Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) Cloud Platform
logistics & beyond: Become part of our journey
ecovium - shaping an international company group
ecovium is the path where innovative software and hardware solutions for all areas of logistics, sound business intelligence and competent consulting come together.
In 2021, we formed a group of twelve companies with the aim of sending a strong signal of new directions for the industry and setting the course for new paths in logistics. Supported by strong investors, we continue to grow steadily.
Work on a green field: As a Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) you will have a central role in architecting our infrastructure to be extensible, scalable, and secure. In addition, in this position you will be pivotal to ecovium's success as a frontrunner in providing an extensible and modular simple logistics chain.
During the first six months you will get an overview of our technologies and concepts, look after our current landscape in the Shipping and Cloud Platform foundation areas, and develop initial ideas for the future transformation of this landscape. In the following months, you will successfully implement the measures and be actively involved in the discussions on the further development of the DevOps function at ecovium. In detail, this includes the following tasks:
- Primary responsible for managing & operating our Azure Infrastructure ensuring high availability and elastic scalability
- Implementing best practices for operating our micro-services on Azure Cloud
- Setting up & continuously refining CI/CD pipelines within Azure DevOps
- Setting up system health checks, infrastructure & application monitoring capabilities
- Develop monitoring dashboard & report usage KPIs
- Manage AKS clusters, define guardrails & policies for securing the infrastructure
- Manage the lifecycle of hosting our OnPrem solutions on Windows Servers
- Monitoring and logging of various systems and platforms to ensure they are always available and stable
- Train the product team on how to use DevOps tools and application delivery best practices
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to ensure the requirements and needs of the different teams are met
- Configure monitoring tools like Prometheus or Grafana to detect and troubleshoot performance issues
- At least 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) within cloud environment
- Experience in developing & operating SaaS & PaaS offerings
- Experience with virtualization technologies like Docker & K8S, and the ability to manage virtualized environments
- Advanced knowledge on Azure Kubernetes Services, Helm Charts, and managing AKS clusters
- Skilled in defining & setting up Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Jenkins)
- Experience in using MongoDB as well as knowledge of monitoring tools like Grafana & Icinga
- Experience in POSTMAN & Cypress
- High intrinsic motivation to learn new things & excellent analytical skills
- Willingness to explore & master the art of DevOps
- Very good knowledge of English for daily communication and good knowledge of German, both written and spoken, in order to be able to coordinate technical issues with the IT team of our customers
Nice to Have:
- Programming know-how in C# & JS
- Knowledge in DBaaS & Linux
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about Azure Virtual Networking & Security
- Knowledge or willingness to learn of Managed Service in Azure & monitoring capabilities
What the role offers:
- An exciting job as a Senior Development Operations Engineer (m/f/d) in a dynamic and growing market
- A challenging area of responsibility with a high degree of personal responsibility and the opportunity to shape the role
- Fascinating products and services in logistics and the cloud platforms and environments with the opportunity to develop innovative solutions and solve complex technical problems
- A hybrid work model that can be coordinated as required/possible
- A permanent employment contract
- An attractive compensation package and complementary bonus benefits
What we expect:
You thrive in the agile, extremely dynamic environment of our company, actively taking things into your own hands and delivering results. You'll support the creation of new structures and processes that help drive the professionalization and scalability of our company. You communicate openly, rely on diversity and different perspectives, work professionally and show appreciation for your colleagues. You actively shape the future of our company and act with courage. You question the tried and true without being judgmental - and risk the new without being exaggerated. You have a strong will to contribute to the development of sustainable logistics solutions with all your skills and knowledge.
Are you interested?
We look forward to receiving your application as the next step on the exciting path to the future of sustainable logistics and supply chain management.
Contract: full-time permanent position
Place of work: One of our locations in Germany or home office
Possible start of contract: 01.07.2023
Application deadline: 15.06.2023
For further information, please contact our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of activitiesResearch and development